The Work of the Cabinet
The Cabinet shall consist of executive management of the Institution as appointed by the Board upon recommendation of the President and shall include the chief academic officer from each of the University College and the Seminary.
The Board delegates to the Cabinet primary authority and responsibility for management of the Institution and for all non-curricular and non-academic matters. The role of the Cabinet is management, that is, implementation of policy decisions arising from the governing bodies and approved by the Board.
Specifically, the Cabinet has oversight responsibility for:
- Regular reports to the Board and Corporation on the state of the Institution,
- Collaboration with the Board and Senate to develop and maintain annually a longer term strategic plan/direction for the Institution,
- Recommending to the Board the annual institutional plan of work and its accompanying budget in collaboration with the Senate,
- Maintenance of a positive cash flow,
- Maintenance and improvement of institutional technology,
- Marketing the schools and recruiting students,
- Developing donors and securing budgeted donations,
- Providing positive public relations,
- Campus operations—grounds, maintenance, transportation, campus rentals,
- Capital projects,
- Human resources—compensation, professional development, grievance, hiring, orientation, and termination procedures,
- Positive internal communications, and
- Business affairs—accounts payable and receivable, institutional accounts, student accounts, business office.