Quick Checklist Before You Leave
The following is a checklist of items that you will need to bring with you when you travel to Providence University College and Seminary. This is not a complete list of items needed but will get you started. Most or all personal items can be purchased in Canada.
*Note the Canadian electrical code is 120v at 60Hz. This means that your electrical appliance items may not work in Canada or may need special adaptors.
Immigration and Travel Documents
(These documents must be with you at all times when entering Canada)
- Study/Work Permit (or Letter of Introduction from Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Consulate); a Study Permit is not required if you plan to study a short term program of less than 6 months
- Temporary Resident Visa (a TRV is required if your citizenship is from a designated country, see Citizenship and Immigration)
- Proof of finances (bank statement or letter from supporters)
- Acceptance letter from Providence
- Marriage certificate (if you are married)
Additional Travel Documents should include:
- Travel Health Insurance to provide health coverage until your first day of classes
- Any necessary Medical information and enough medication for you to use until you can get to a Doctor in Canada (this takes some time so plan on a month of medication at minimum)
- Plane ticket complete with confirmation numbers to allow easy check-in
- A list of emergency telephone numbers