Southeastern Manitoba's Finest Banquet & Conference Facility
Situated on a beautiful 100 acres along the Rat River, the Providence campus encourages contemplation and reflection and facilitates strong, close-knit community life. The campus includes three educational buildings as well as multiple residence options. Inside the Hanna Centre are classrooms, administrative offices, the gymnasium, and fitness centre. The Reimer Student Life Centre features the dining hall, meeting rooms, and a student lounge. Finally, the Loewen Resource Centre houses our library, numerous computer stations, and study areas. Providence is located in southern Manitoba, 30 minutes south of Winnipeg (the province's capital city), and near numerous towns which means great, easily-accessible, local attractions. Some of these attractions include:
- Horseback River Trails (Otterburne)
- La Musée (St. Pierre)
- Mennonite Heritage Village (Steinbach)
- St. Malo Provincial Park (St. Malo)
- The Manitoba Museum (Winnipeg)
- Maplewood Golf Club (near St. Pierre)
- Quarry Oaks Golf Course (near Steinbach)
- The Forks Market (Winnipeg)
Organizing Your Event
Organizing an event can be stressful! Let us help you out. Providence provides the perfect blend of country hospitality and modern convenience. Our exquisite banquet facility seats up to 500 people and has meeting rooms for smaller groups or functions. Our campus is also equipped with camping sites for conference guests which includes access to electricity, a water hose to fill storage tanks, and a place to dump sewage tanks prior to departure.
Providence also provides the following:
- An ATM (located in the Reimer Student Life Centre)
- Parking for guests and campers in the east parking lot, or in the lot between Bergen Hall and Eichhorst Hall.
- Pay phones in every building
- Emergency procedures are posted in every room of the residence halls
- Photocopying services are available. The charge is $0.10 per single-sided copy. $0.15 per double-sided copy
- Vending machines located in the Reimer Student Life Centre, the Hanna Centre, and the main lounge of Eichhorst Hall and Bergen Hall
We simply could not have asked for a better experience for our family gathering at Providence. The facilities, food service, and staff made the weekend truly special."
- John Peters
Visitors from outside of Canada must carry a valid passport and, in certain cases, a visa to be able to enter Canada. For more information on visa and other required travel documents, please contact the Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your area before your departure.
Climate Average Temperatures
Manitoba moves to Daylight Saving Time on the second Sunday of March and revert to Central Standard Time on the first Sunday in November.
Canada uses the metric system. For example, speed and distance are measured in kilometers; goods in kilograms; temperature in Celsius (centigrade).
The Canadian dollar is legal tender in Canada. It is divided into units of 100 cents. Banking institutions and money exchange rates, American currency is accepted in most establishments at a variable exchange rate.
There is a five per cent Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) on most purchases in Canada and a eight per cent Provincial Sales Tax (PST). Non-residents can obtain reimbursement for the GST paid on lodging and purchased goods upon departure at designated duty-free stores or by mail. Write:
Visitor Rebate Program
Summerside Tax Centre
Summerside, P.E.I., Canada C1N 6C6
Or call 1-800-66VISIT (Canada) or 902-432-5608
The following statutory Holidays are observed by most companies and government offices:
- January 1 - New Years Day
- March/April - Good Friday
- March/April - Easter
- Third Monday in May - Victoria Day
- July 1 - Canada Day
- First Monday in August - Civic Holiday
- First Monday in September - Labour Day
- Second Monday in October - Thanksgiving
- November 11 - Remembrance Day
- December 25 - Christmas Day
- December 26 - Boxing Day
Manitoba's mid-continental location provides easy, convenient access fordelegates travelling to our province from anywhere in the world. The 24-hour Winnipeg International Airport provides services for North American and overseas arrivals. Road and rail access is equally efficient, enabling meeting and convention delegates to arrive with ease and comfort.