Certificate in Applied Counselling (Distance)
This certificate can be completed within 24 months or sooner. Students may shorten the period of certificate completion by attending scheduled on-campus courses.
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Counselling (18 Credit Hrs.) is intended for those who want to augment their understanding of Christian counselling and improve their care-giving skills for helping ministries or professions. The journey involves taking courses from qualified and experienced practitioners and enjoying the benefits of a cohort group of students. Take the opportunity to learn together under the guidance of our Counselling Psychology professors.
- CP5101L Foundations of Counselling (3 credit hrs)
- CP5501L Counselling Theory Practicum I (3 credit hrs)
- CP5113L Crisis and Trauma Counselling (3 credit hrs)
- CP5201L Theories of Counselling and Psychotherapy (3 credit hrs)
- CP5202L Psychopathology (3 credit hrs)
- CP5214L Congregational Care and Counselling (3 credit hrs)
Coursework successfully completed for the Graduate Certificate in Applied Counselling may be transferable to other Providence Seminary degree programs (applicant must meet degree program entrance qualifications).
Acceptance into the Graduate Certificate in Applied Counselling program will be evaluated on case-by-case basis. Although a recognized undergraduate degree is preferred, admission as a mature student without an undergraduate degree will be considered. In such instances, previous post-secondary education, employment and/or ministry experience may be taken into account.